Android Application Development
Make a life-changing career decision now!
Improve your career options by learning Android App Development
The demand for trained professionals will continue to rise as there is a growing demand for new and innovative Mobile Apps.
According to a study, 1,35,000+ new job opportunities in Android App Development will be available by 2024 with an average salary of 4 Lakhs for freshers across industries like IT/ITES, FinTech, EdTech, Gaming, Ecommerce and others.
- Commencement Date
- Duration 400 hours
- Language English
- Eligibility Criteria ITI/Diploma/B.E./B.Tech in any Engineering branch with knowledge of Java
Minimum Age: 18 Years
- Module-level quizzes and end-of-course assessment.
- Module-level practical assignments and live projects.
- Total Credits NA
Lecture Credits NAPractical Credits NA
- Course Format Online (Self-paced + Live Lectures + Hands-on Learning with Projects)
What you will learn in the course
This is a basic to advanced level course on Android Application Development, which will equip students with the process to build an Android-based app from scratch and publish it on the Google Play Store.
In this course, students will get to work on a live project where they will build an Android App in different stages and publish it on the Google Play Store by the end of this course. The topics covered in the course are needed for any aspiring professional to launch a career as a Android App Developer.
This course also involves training on the framework of Youth Development Modules (YDM), which is inspired by the World Bank’s PRACTICE Model which is based on the concept of Social Emotional Learning. The focus is to develop the individual on a personal level and facilitate personal development.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Conceptualise and create an Android application
- Learn various tools to develop an Android application
- Build knowledge about marketing an app on the Google Play Store
- Develop yourself on a personal level with changes in the behavioural aspects
The course syllabus will be delivered through a combination of eLearning resources, digital lectures, community-based digital classrooms as applicable.
The orientation module sets the context for the programme and prepares the mindset of learners to take ownership of their learning. It also introduces the concept of Blended Learning and the use of various digital tools which will help them in their journey forward.
Install JDK8, typecasting in class and object, looping pattern, handling exceptions with polymorphism and inheritance.
This module covers the fundamentals of the Android Studio and overview of the Android Application Components. It helps to understand Programming Methodology.
This module teaches you how to access device components like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Camera application, Audio and Sensor, and will help in getting familiar with its usage in application creation.
This module helps in understanding various features towards auditing, risk management and various threads and process used in the Android application. Different types of services use Job Scheduler, IBinder and Remote Bound Service, Android Networking Basics including HTTP, TCP and IP setup.
This module provides overview of Kotlin and helps in creating different APIs. Kotlin and Material Design are used to implement Android applications.
This module introduces different tools for mobile application testing like JMeter, Selenium, BlazeMeter for Unit Testing and Integration Testing.
This module helps to develop skills for publication of the application on the Google Play Store. It will also help in clearing doubts of packages that need to be implemented in any Android application.
This module covers web development languages such as HTML basics, PHP Database Connection and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to design web pages.
The framework of Youth Development Modules (YDM) is inspired by the World Bank’s PRACTICE Model which is based on the concept of Social Emotional Learning. The focus is to develop the individual on a personal level and facilitate personal development, which eventually impacts all the areas of their life, whether it is personal or professional.
Meet the Mentor(s)
Android App Developer Facilitator,
TATA STRIVE, Pune
Rajnandini Suryakar has a B.Tech degree in Information Technology and has 3+ years of experience as a Technical Trainer. She has provided 100+ technical trainings to 3000+ learners from Maharashtra, Odisha and Haryana. Rajnandini is also involved in course content development. She is experienced in Development and UI/UX Design. She has also been a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for technical courses like C, C++, Java, Mobile App Development, iOS and others.
- Learners need to apply on or before the application end date.
- Learners will receive an activation code post successful payment to activate the course.
- The learning programme will be added to learners' dashboard on successful activation.
- Any graduate with prior knowledge of Java basic or working professional is eligible to join the learning programme. This programme is envisaged to help learners build a strong knowledge of creating an app through online interactive sessions, practice and summative assessments, live projects. Learners will also get an opportunity to showcase their skills to potential recruiters like MNCs and IT Firms.
- The programme includes online live sessions, recorded sessions, reading materials, community-based interactions and hands-on learning experience with Application building tools.
- The 'Program Calendar' on the community page will provide the details of all scheduled live lectures and practicals.
- After completion of this programme, a student will be able to get a job in the IT industry as an Android App Developer.
- The programming languages covered in this programme are XML and Java; the tools covered are Android Studio, Kotlin, Java, Eclipse, JMeter, Selenium, BlazeMeter, Firebase Cloud Messaging and GitHub.
- 70% attendance for scheduled live lecture sessions on the learning platform is mandatory for the programme completion.
- It is recommended to complete the programme during the scheduled time period. In case of any break in the learning progress, learner will need to purchase the programme again.
- Learning and Assessment Centre (L&A) is a facility where the hands-on/practical part of the learning programme will be conducted. List of TCS iON Centres will be shared in case L&A Centre is provided.
- Once assigned, any request for change of Learning and Assessment Centre will not be accepted due to scheduling and logistics reasons.
- Based on the programme construct and availability of slots, learners can be assigned with another date. Learners should connect with the respective L&A Centre to check and book the slot.
- Students will be introduced to the live project in Module 1, in which you will have to make a live Android App and this project will have to be completed in eight different stages over the programme duration.
- The software and tools covered in this programme are all open-source tools. Students will be able to download them from the internet or links will be provided by the instructor at the time of lectures.
- The programme includes two sets of assessments - Intermediate and Final.
- Intermediate Assessments: These are module-wise assessments, quizzes/assignments that are planned at regular intervals through the entire course duration. The end of module exams have no weightage in the final summative score of this programme.
- Final Assessment: Final assessment will be conducted at end of the learning programme.
- Learners need to secure minimum 60% of marks to pass the final assessment (both in theory and practical).
- Learners will get two attempts to clear the final exam. An exam fee will be applicable for the second attempt.
If the learner is not able to clear the exam in the second attempt, he/she will have to purchase the programme again.
- Learners should have completed 70% attendance for live lecture sessions.
- Completion of all module nodes (inclusive of internal assessments and assignments).
- Successful completion of summative/final assessment and projects (as applicable).
- The following is the performance grade structure for the final assessment for this programme:
- 80% and Higher: Grade A
- 70% to < 79.99%: Grade B
- 60% to < 69.99%: Grade C
- 0.0% to < 59.99%: Grade D - Fail
- Learners who have not cleared/appeared for the summative assessments can reappear for the same. Candidates will be provided total of 2 attempts to clear the summative exams.
- This programme is designed in consultation with our academic and industry SMEs to ensure that the skills and competencies covered are relevant and makes the learner job ready.
- The programme emphasises on both conceptual and hands-on practice and complimented with internship opportunities in industry, as applicable.
- In addition to the programme certificate, learners can also opt for TCS iON National Qualifier Test (NQT) from TCS iON to enhance their job accessibility. TCS NQT Score is a validation of their cognitive and aptitude skills.
- Remote or on-site internship opportunities will be made available, as applicable. This is subject to available opportunities and policies of the companies.
- Access to employment opportunities is subject to available vacancies and hiring policies of the companies.
- Once the payment is made, no refund will be issued under any circumstances.
- Yes, the students will work on live projects as a part of the programme and publish a working mobile app on the Google Play Store at the end of the programme.
- The framework of Youth Development Modules (YDM) is inspired by the World Bank’s PRACTICE Model which is based on the concept of Social Emotional Learning. The focus is to develop the individual on a personal level and influence personal development, which eventually impacts all the areas of their life, whether it is personal or professional.
- YDM is an add-on module provided by TATA STRIVE to cap citate the learners to strive in the current job market.